1. The Bible says that God is close to the brokenhearted and He saves those that are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)
2. He sees our grief and cares deeply about us. God has compassion for us and desires to comfort us in a way that only he can (2nd Corinthians 1:3).
3. God walks with us through the valley of the shadow of death (Psalm 23)
4. He supports us with His own strength (Isaiah 41:10).
5. Our faith in God grows in that we begin to experience victory over all of life’s struggles (1st John 5:4).
6. God helps the fatherless (Psalm 10:14)
7. God has mercy on those who are in distress (Psalm 31:9)
8. God turns our sorrow into joy (John 16:20)
9. The testing of our faith is more precious than gold (1st Peter 1:5-7)