Does the current Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) have you anxious and fearful?
Are you struggling to find hope? Are you searching for peace amidst the crazy state of the world?
Here at TheHopeLine we understand. Worry and anxiety are very natural human emotions to experience when we are faced with uncertainty, health issues, financial concerns, etc. Our mission has always been to provide HOPE during life’s challenges and this time is no different.
As Christians, our source of hope and peace never waivers despite life’s circumstances. We have the great assurance of believing and trusting in the wonderful promises of God, even as we cope with the harsh reality of the coronavirus. In the Bible, we learn that hard times will come. But God’s love and power never leave us, no matter what is happening in our lives.
If you are searching for peace in these troubling times, please read on. We believe these Bible verses will bring you comfort…a comfort that God desires you to have. You just need to receive it from him. God is offering it to you. It is now your choice to put your HOPE in him.
God Offers Peace for Those Who Trust in Him
1. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
2. I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)
3. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
4. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord.
He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit. (Jeremiah 17:7-8)
5. You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. (Isaiah 26:3)
6. Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all. (2 Thessalonians 3:16)
7. In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:8)
God Calms the Fears of Those Who Turn to Him
8. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear; in the end they will look in triumph on their foes. (Psalm 112:7-8)
9. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
10. Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)
11. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. (Psalm 56:3)
12. Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (Isaiah 43:1-2)
13. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
14. And he said to his disciples, “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! (Luke 12:22-24)
15. For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,
Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)
16. So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?” (Hebrews 13:6)
God’s Hope Is Real to Those Who Have Faith
17. But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. (Psalm 33:18-22)
18. Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. (Romans 5:1-5)
19. For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. (Romans 15:4)
20. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. (Romans 15:13)
21. Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)
22. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. (Romans 12:12)
23. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. (1 Peter 1:3)
24. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, (Hebrews 10:23-24)
God Cares for Those Who Hope in Him
25. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
26. The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. (Psalm 147:11)
27. Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! (Isaiah 30:18)
28. How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. (Psalm 36:7)
29. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. (Psalm 62:8)
30. The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.” (Jeremiah 31:3)
31. He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? (Romans 8:32)
32. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. (John 15:7)
33. This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. (1 John 5:14)
34. I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. (John 10:14 & 27)
35. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. (Psalm 94:19)
God Is in Control of the Coronavirus: We Can Trust Him
36. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
37. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)
38. Praise be to the name of God forever and ever; wisdom and power are his.He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. (Daniel 2:20-21)
39. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9)
40. For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love. By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth. He gathers the waters of the sea into jars; he puts the deep into storehouses. Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere him. For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm. The Lord foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations. (Psalm 33:4-11)
For more information on placing your hope in God, read Learn More About God.
You Are Not Alone…
You can have faith over the fear of the Coronavirus. God is our comfort in uncertainty.
TheHopeLine remains WIDE OPEN and we are here to listen, encourage and help you now and in the future.
- Our website continues to reach, inspire and give hope to thousands of people every day from around the world.
- Our HopeCoaches continue to answer on-line chats every evening.
- Our Prayer Champions continue to offer daily prayers on ThePrayerZone.
- Dawson’s shows continue to air.
We are able to continually offer HOPE in the midst of the anxiety, fear, and uncertainty that many are feeling.
If the Coronavirus has you feeling anxious, please visit our page: Coronavirus: Hope in the midst of Fear and Anxiety