If you are having depression and suicidal thoughts, we are glad you are here.
You are not alone. We care. You can get through this.
6 important tips for RIGHT NOW if you are having suicidal thoughts.
- Remember: suicide is preventable. You can get through these intense feelings, and help is available.
- Reach out. Below is a list of suicide prevention services, including 24/7 suicide prevention hotlines.
- Don’t make any important decisions in this moment, especially deciding to die.
- Stop drugs and alcohol.
- Make your home safe and refer to/create a safety plan.
- DO something. (Helpful resources for ideas below. Different things work for different people.)
6 Suicide Prevention Quotes to Get You Through
- “The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die.” – Juliette Lewis
- Ephesians 5:29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church.
- “There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind.” – C. S. Lewis
- Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- “I Didn’t Come This Far To Only Come This Far” – Tom Brady
- Never, never, never give up – Winston Churchill
Suicide Prevention Crisis Lines
NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE – 24/7
INTERNATIONAL HELPLINES – Find A Helpline
- Chat on-line – Get Help
- Hours – Monday-Friday – 2pm to midnight (CST) and Saturay-Sunday – 5pm to midnight (CST)
HARD OF HEARING. Contact the Lifeline via TTY by dialing 800-799-4889
SPANISH CRISIS LINE. Call 888-628-9454 or visit Help in Spanish
VETERANS CRISIS LINE – for veterans and families.
- A Safe Space – What do you need right now? Connection, Coping Tools, Distraction?
- Now Matters Now – Skills and Support for Coping with Suicidal Thoughts shared through videos.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Help, Stories, Facts, Local Chapters, Survivors of Suicide Loss
- SAVE (Suicide Awareness Voices of Education) – Education, Awareness and Training
- TheHopeLine Help for Suicidal Thoughts – Podcasts, blogs, stories, videos, resources and more
- ThePrayerZone – Have people pray for you and your situation
Reach Out – From TheHopeLine – 1 minute
YOU MATTER. – From TheHopeLine – 1 minute
Relax, Focus, Breath – from Mindful Breathing – 5 minutes
Helpful Free Apps:
- Virtual HopeBox – Distract w/ games, Relax with Guided Meditation, Inspiring Quotes, Customize Coping Cards. Download on Apple or Google Play
- Breath 2 Relax – Guided Breathing Exercises. Download on Apple or Google Play
- TheHopeLine – Live Chat every evening, inspiration and resources. Download on Apple or Google Play.
- Why Say No To Suicide
- What to do When You Feel Suicidal
- 7 Life Lessons from a Suicide Survivor
- How to Help a Suicidal Friend
- Why Do People End Their Life by Suicide
- Giving Life Another Chance
- Misconceptions on Professional Counseling
- More Articles