Tips For Your New Life with Jesus Christ!
This is a day to remember!
You just accepted Jesus as your Savior! Congratulations!
Today is the first day of your new life with Jesus Christ…a life filled with true and lasting hope.
Are you wondering what just happened?
When you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior you acknowledged these five things:
- You were created by God and in His image.
- However, you are unable to live a perfect life because of sin, and your sin has separated you from God.
- You asked God to forgive your sins.
- You believed and accepted that Jesus’ death on the cross and resurrection from the dead paid the price for those sins and has washed you clean.
- You are now born again and desire to live for Him.
Perhaps you prayed something like this:
Dear Heavenly Father, I’m sorry for the wrong things I’ve done. Please forgive me. I believe your Son died on the cross for my sins and conquered sin and death when he rose from the dead, and because of this I will enter into heaven when I die. Jesus, come into my heart and be my Lord and Savior. I willingly give you my life. Now, Father, help me do your will. Thank you again for saving me! In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
The exact words don’t matter as long as it was from your heart.
A Song for you on this important day!
Oh Come to the Alter
You Belong! How to Find a Church.
God wants to talk to you! How to Read the Bible.
God wants you to talk to Him! How to Pray.
Your life has changed. How to live it out.
So Much More…
You may have many more questions in the days and weeks ahead, so please bookmark this page and come back. We have a wealth of resources available below. You will find helpful blogs, eBooks, partner organizations and more to encourage you on this journey.
Five Important Realizations for a New Christian
- The God of the universe wants a personal, eternal relationship with YOU. He wants this relationship bad enough that He was willing to send His Son, Jesus, to die for YOU.
- Christianity is about a relationship not a religion. The word “religion” seems to suggest all sorts of rules, traditions, and requirements, but when you asked Jesus into your life you began a relationship with God…and that is the most important and most wonderful thing ever!
- The Lord will never abandon you…even if he seems distant at times. During your darkest moments, hold on to the HOPE that Jesus is walking with you and that nothing can separate you from his love. “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)
- God is in Control – God created the entire universe. He knows what He’s doing. And He loves you and is holding you in the palm of his hand. We can trust that He is doing what is best for us and that He will take care of us. “They will have no fear of bad news, their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear; in the end they will look in triumph on their foes. (Pslam 112:7-8)
- Faith is not based on feelings – Our faith is based on the fact that God came to earth in Jesus, died for our sins, rose from the dead and even today reigns as Lord over all. Nothing can change that truth. Not feelings, not a bad day, not an argument with a friend. Nothing.
It is O.K. to feel things. God created us in His image and as emotional beings. We can be honest with God about how we feel. However, don’t let what you are feeling keep you from believing the truth of God’s word. Remember, as strong and as fluctuating as your feelings may be, God’s Word is truer than anything you feel and truer than anything you experience. God’s Word, the Bible, has withstood the test of time and never changes (unlike our feelings).