Through the Eyes of the Hungry
And change begins with redefining beauty and encouraging true worth and value. So let’s pick up the pieces of our broken society because nothing should be wasted.
An Eating Disorder Lies About Your Weight
One half of teenage girls and one-third of teen boys use unhealthy weight control behaviors such as skipping meals, fasting, smoking cigarettes, vomiting or using laxatives. 40-60% of six to twelve-year-olds are concerned about their weight.
Do you believe these lies?
• You’re weak
• You’re not pretty
• You’re fat
• Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels
• You’re not enough
Let us Redefine Beauty and True Worth
Let us redefine beauty and encourage true worth. That is when real change will occur and people will stop harming themselves by treating food as an enemy.
True beauty is a caring heart, a smile shared, a hand extended, eyes that really see and ears that really listen. Let’s encourage that kind of beauty and learn to love ourselves the way we are.
Part of loving yourself is filling your mind with positive statements about yourself. What you think in your mind will eventually become what you believe.
25 Positive Statements to Repeat to Yourself
1. I love myself.
2. The world has a need for me.
3. I am unique. I can and I will do things to promote healing in my life.
4. I can handle this one step at a time.
5. The sun is shining; I am ready to take on another day.
6. My problem has a solution; I will work on a plan.
7. I am a survivor.
8. I refuse to give up because I haven’t tried all possible ways.
9. I will inhale confidence and exhale doubt.
10. I may be one in 7 billion but I am also one in 7 billion!
11. I am smart.
12. I believe I can change the world (or at least my corner of it).
13. I am important.
14. Today, I will celebrate me.
15. I matter.
16. I can find peace through prayer and meditation.
17. I am strong.
18. My confidence is beautiful.
19. I am imperfect but I’m perfectly me.
20. My smile can make someone feel better.
21. I choose to focus on what I can control.
22. Everything will work out in the end.
23. If it hasn’t worked out yet, it’s not the end.
24. I am happy with who I am.
25. Every day, in every way, I am becoming better and better.
See more at 101 Positive things to Say to Myself