Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Anyone that has gone through something traumatic can have PTSD. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
If you have been through war, a natural disaster, been abandoned, been neglected, been abused, been raped. Had a car crash, had a plane crash, had any traumatic event that leaves you feeling helpless, you could have PTSD.
How Do You Know If You Have PTSD?
Answer these questions.
- Have you had nightmares about the event or are you thinking about it when you don’t want to?
- Have you tried hard not to think about the event or have you went out of the way to avoid thinking about it?
- Have you been on guard or easily startled?
- Do you feel numb or detached from the people around you?
- Do you feel guilty or are you unable to stop blaming yourself for what happened?
If you answered yes to more than one of these questions, you could possibly have PTSD and need to seek counseling.
If you or someone you love is suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (or PTSD), life can feel overwhelming. TheHopeLine offers support and resources for people living with PTSD and their loved ones. Chat with a caring HopeCoach 7 days a week at TheHopeLine.com/gethelp.