I want to blog on a subject almost every one of us at one time or another will have to face, and that is how to deal with a broken heart. On my radio show, Dawson McAllister Live, the number one topic people want to talk about is how to get over a heart break with their boyfriend/girlfriend or how to win back their bf/gf.
15 Practical Steps To Help You Get Over A Broken Heart
If you haven’t had a broken heart yet, you will someday. Maybe you will be able to go through the dating relationships until you find the right one without getting hurt. But in the end, someday someone might break your heart. Maybe one of your children or someone else in your family. If you have the capacity to love, and I’m sure you do, then you also have the capacity to be hurt.
Specifically, let’s talk about a broken heart caused by a bf/gf. So what causes a broken heart?
Your Heart is Broken When…
- You find out your bf/gf is cheating on you with your best friend.
- That sick feeling you feel when your bf/gf becomes more and more distant and you know something is wrong.
- That frustration and hurt you feel when the fights with your bf/gf become more frequent and more destructive.
- The lightning bolt shock that takes your breath away when the person you love tells you they don’t want to date you anymore.
- The humiliating feeling that comes over you when you hear the one you love say, “Let’s just be friends.”
But the question remains, what can you do to fix or mend a broken heart? While it’s hard to define what a broken heart is, everyone knows what it feels like when they have one. This blog series could end up being one of the most meaningful series you have ever read. I hope so because I don’t want you to suffer anymore pain than you absolutely have to.
If you follow the advice I will be giving you, I’m convinced you will heal much quicker. Let me prepare you for this series. I’m going to list for you the Top 15 things you can do to help heal a broken heart and next week explain what each one means.
15 Ways To Get Over A Broken Heart
1. Take heart, you will get through this.
2. Talk to someone who cares.
3. Allow yourself to be human and feel the pain.
4. Immediately take your broken heart to God.
5. Give yourself time to heal.
6. Learn lessons from the experience.
7. Be careful…don’t date destructive people to begin with.
8. Don’t overreact and embarrass yourself.
9. Don’t overanalyze.
10. Don’t go into rebound dating.
11. Let go of mementos.
12. Keep yourself busy by giving to others.
13. Take Care of yourself physically.
14. It’s mostly about you, not your ex.
15. Move on
I’m going to break this list down into manageable sections so we can dive deeper into each of these 15 points.
I want to look at the healing process, moving forward, & things to avoid for a broken heart.
For more on how to get over a broken heart, download TheHopeLine’s free eBook.
Photo Credit: Mayur Gala