Meet marriage counselor, Larry, and his wife Kate as they give real and honest advice on dating and marriage.
Advice for a Dating Couple
- The best thing you can do while dating is to not consume each other.
- Make sure you are taking the time to get to know each other…to become friends first.
- Observe the other person’s family and how they interact with them. You can learn a great deal about a person just by observing how they treat others.
- Know your own worth. If you know your own worth, you will not settle for less than God has intended for you in your relationships.
Advice for a Married Couple
- How you treat others is indicative of how your relationship is with God.
- Treat your spouse like they are the man or woman you want them to be, and that is who they will become.
- Appreciate each other. Don’t forget how wonderful your spouse is. Wake up in the morning and tell them, “Wow, I get to be married to you!”
Dawson has talked to thousands of teenagers and young adults who keep making the same mistake over and over again in their dating relationships. Many are hurt and their trust is broken. It’s important to take your time when starting a dating relationship. To help with this issue Dawson has written several blogs on dating, love and relationships. A great place to explore more about dating relationships are the following blogs: Guard Your Heart – Dating Relationships and Disadvantages of Diving In To a Dating Relationship Too Soon.